The beneficial properties of celery in terms of weight reduction are a topic of discussion among people who are on a diet. A study conducted by nutritionists proves that this vegetable really has a negative caloric balance
 
From the first test of its kind, which aims to determine whether such food exists, it is clear that celery is a powerful tool for losing extra pounds . The reason is that it burns twice as many calories as it contains. 
 
Researchers at Coventry University Hospital and the University of Warwick in the UK are conducting an experiment that measures every calorie consumed while consuming only celery for a period of 12 hours. 
 
Consumed 326 g of celery, and troubled celery, both of which contain 53 calories. The results show that 72 calories were burned while consuming hard vegetables, and 112 calories while consuming liquid from it. 
 
This means that celery has a negative caloric balance 19, while celery jam has a negative caloric balance 59. 
 
 
Approximately 75% of the celery content is aqueous and the remaining 25% is fiber . In addition to helping you lose weight, consuming celery has other health benefits. 
 
Studies show that vegetables act as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It is believed that it can help balance blood pressure and cholesterol levels and thus prevent the development of heart disease. Vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system, can also be found in celery
 
Other foods that are thought to have a negative calorie balance are grapefruit, cucumber and lettuce.