In this article, learn more about How To Cook 17 Interesting Facts About Honey - Recipe. Learn how to cook "17 interesting facts about honey". Delicious recipe..
1. No cases of loss of bee colonies have been registered in Cuba. Pesticides are banned from importing into the island nation, and the island exports valuable organic honey.
2. Some species of bees in the Himalayas produce hallucinogenic honey, which is collected by local peoples.
3. The oldest honey in the world is 3000 years old. It was discovered in Egypt and at the time of its discovery was still fit for consumption.
4. Beekeepers in France find blue and green honey. It is formed as a result of bees digging into the waste products generated in the production of M&M candies.
5. The lifespan of a honey bee is between 122 and 150 days. During this period, 8 bees produce one teaspoon of honey.
6. People can feel the intoxicating effect if they consume honey collected from poppy fields.
7. Honey is more effective against cough than most syrups.
8. The bee product is a natural "reservoir" for bacteria that produce the dangerous botulinum toxin. Most adults can process it, but not young children. Therefore, honey is not given to babies.
9. According to scholars, sometimes ancient people like Alexander the Great were buried in honey. After a hundred years, the corpses, which have been preserved and candied, have been dug up and eaten as medicine.
10. Beekeeping is the main livelihood in Ukraine. One and a half percent of the population, or about 700,000 people, make a living by raising bees.
11. Honey can be used for the treatment of wounds, because the reaction releases hydrogen peroxide (a substance in the composition of oxygenated water), which has an antiseptic effect.
12. Bees control the density and purity of their honey by fluttering their wings at different speeds in the vents in the hive to slow or speed up water evaporation.
13. Some wasps also make honey.
14. Of the 20,000 known species of bees, only 7 produce honey.
15. In England there is a custom that you should give a piece of the wedding cake to the bees and inform them if someone dies. Otherwise, they will stop making honey.
16. The azalea flower is highly toxic, and the honey made from it is poisonous. An interesting fact is that sending a bouquet of azaleas in a black vase was once perceived as a death threat.
17. Beekeepers in Australia are waging a so-called honeymoon over manuka trees. Some of them go so far that they even position helicopters with their hives over the desired trees.
This is not entire article. It continues ...