The heat outside tempts us to keep food in the refrigerator to keep it fresh for longer. However, according to experts, it is not a good idea to put some products there such as tomatoes, bread and even cake.
The refrigerator not only can not extend the shelf life of food, but can change their taste. If we store products with a pungent odor, such as onions , this can affect other foods that are there.
In addition, there are foods that last much longer if stored at room temperature. Here are some of the ones we need to get out of the fridge immediately ...
- Bread. When kept in the refrigerator and there is no air , it dries and spoils much faster. To preserve its freshness, it is recommended to keep it in a bread bag in a cool and dry place.
- Onions . It should be stored in a dry and ventilated place. It is preferable to be dark to avoid germination. In the refrigerator, its aroma can "affect" other foods.
- Avocado . If we do not want it to ripen too quickly, it is best to store it in open brown bags. To speed up this process, we should put it in the fruit bowl next to the banana.
- Tomatoes . The colder they are stored, the more their natural taste is lost . The most delicious are tomatoes that are left at room temperature.
- Honey . This is the only food that does not lose its edibility, so there is no need to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Cake . With the exception of those cakes, which contain real cream, the rest last in the refrigerator as long as if stored in hermetically sealed containers outside.