Purpose Diet №7A is prescribed for severe acute glomerulonephritis with renal failure, after unloading days and moderate renal failure from the first day of the disease, in chronic
Purpose of a curative diet 7
Diet №7A is prescribed for severe acute glomerulonephritis with renal failure, after unloading days and moderate renal failure from the first day of the disease, in chronic glomerulonephritis with severe renal failure.
The purpose of the diet is to protect kidney function as much as possible, to improve the excretion of metabolic products from the body, to reduce hypertension and edema.
General characteristics of the diet:
This is mainly a plant-based diet with a strong restriction of protein and salt. The amount of fats and carbohydrates is reduced moderately. Excludes products rich in extractives, essential oils, oxalic acid. Dishes are prepared boiled, baked or lightly fried, without salt; bread should also not contain salt. Feeding is 5-6 times a day.
Nutritional value and calories
Protein - 20 g (50-60% animal, and in chronic renal failure - 70%), fat - 80 g (15% vegetable), carbohydrates - 350 g (80 g sugar), salt is excluded, the free fluid is equal the daily amount of urine or not more than 300-400 ml of the amount excreted by the patient for the previous day; 2100-2200 kcal.
Foods, products and beverages that the diet allows and prohibits:
Bread and pasta:
- Allowed: 100 grams of cornstarch bread, without salt, without protein (can be replaced by 50 grams of wheat bread without salt or other unsalted pasta);
- Prohibited: plain bread, salty pasta.
- Allowed: fruit, vegetable, potato soups, the amount of which is in accordance with the permitted intake of liquids. Season with boiled and roasted onions, cream, greens;
- Prohibited: meat, fish and mushroom broths; also milk, cereal and bean soups.
Meat, poultry, fish:
- Allowed: up to 50-60 grams of lean beef, veal, pork, rabbit, turkey, chicken and fish; the pieces of meat are boiled and then can be baked or lightly fried;
- Prohibited: seafood and all kinds of meat in larger quantities than allowed.
- Allowed: 60 grams (or more at the expense of meat and fish) milk, cream, sour cream; cottage cheese if you do not eat meat;
- Prohibited: cheese.
Allowed: 1/4 egg in the dishes; 1/2 egg daily or 2-3 times a week (uncooked or scrambled).
- Limited rice consumption;
- Allowed: protein-free pasta; porridges, puddings, casseroles, pilaf - prepared with water or milk;
- Prohibited: other cereals, pasta and legumes.
- Allowed: potatoes and fresh vegetables (respectively 200-250 grams and 400-450 grams) in the form of various dishes; onions - cooked and baked in the dishes; dill, parsley;
- Prohibited: salted, pickled and pickled vegetables, legumes, spinach, sorrel, cauliflower, mushrooms, radishes, garlic.
- Allowed: vegetable salads with oil.
Fruits, confectionery and confectionery:
- Allowed: various fruits (including wild) - raw, dried, baked; jellies, compotes; sugar, honey, jam, non-chocolate candies;
- Prohibited: milk pudding, chocolate, ice cream.
Sauces and spices:
- Allowed: sour - sweet, tomato, cream, vegetable and fruit sauces; vanilla, cinnamon, citric acid; boiled, roasted onions.
- Prohibited: meat, fish, mushroom sauces; pepper, mustard, horseradish;
- Allowed: weak tea with lemon, fruit (and berries) and tomato juices, rosehip decoction.
- Prohibited: cocoa, natural coffee, mineral waters rich in sodium.
- Allowed: unsalted butter, oil, melted butter;
- Prohibited: other fats.
Sample diet menu №7A:
- 1st breakfast - meatballs of carrots and apples, fried in oil, saga milk porridge, tea;
- 2nd breakfast - fresh fruit;
- Lunch - vegetarian soup with a mix of vegetables (1/2 serving), boiled meat with tomato sauce, boiled potatoes, jelly;
- Afternoon breakfast - decoction of wheat bran with sugar;
- Dinner: fruit saga pilaf, vegetable salad with oil, tea;
- At night - fruit juice, if necessary to reduce the amount of free liquid (tea, jelly).
- Diet №7 - in acute nephritis
- Healing diet № 7 B - in acute nephritis
This is not entire article. It continues ...