In this article, learn more about Nutrition In Endocarditis. Nutrition in endocarditis - useful and harmful foods..
Endocarditis is an inflammatory process that takes place in the inner lining of the heart (endocardium), affecting the valvular apparatus and the cells that cover the surface of nearby blood vessels.
In most cases, endocarditis is a secondary disease that has developed against the background of other diseases. The age of the person is not a factor, the problem can affect any age group, because according to scientists, the causative agents of inflammation are over 128 types of microorganisms.
Useful foods for endocarditis
Of animal origin:
- fatty fish species;
- seafood and dairy products.
Of plant origin:
- fruits and berries: avocados, cherries, pomegranates, all citrus fruits, blackcurrants, gooseberries, peaches, apricots, apples, plums;
- vegetables: beets, carrots, tomatoes, sweet peppers, pumpkin;
- green leafy vegetables: spinach, celery, dill, parsley, onion, garlic;
- nuts and flax seeds;
- unrefined fats (olive, flaxseed and pumpkin oils, sunflower oil);
- all cereals and sprouted wheat grains.
It is useful to eat honey with nuts and dried apricots. It is recommended not to limit the consumption of soups prepared on the basis of meat and mushroom broths. Better to bet on vegetarian options.
To increase the body's defenses against infections and bacteria, it is good to drink decoctions of:
- yarrow, St. John's wort, blackcurrant, lemon balm, mint;
- arnica, chamomile;
- viburnum and willow bark;
- valerian root, female were, herb soap (soap);
- elderberry, raspberry, rosehip, hawthorn;
- lime blossom and mulberry blossom;
- hop cones.
Dangerous and harmful foods in endocarditis:
- butter dough pastries;
- spicy, spicy, salty and smoked dishes;
- high-fat products, as well as fast food;
- canned food, sausages, sausages;
- strong black tea and coffee;
- confectionery, sugar (better eat a piece of chocolate);
- carbonated and alcoholic beverages.
Smoking is also contraindicated.
This is not entire article. It continues ...