Cabbage is a vegetable well known to us. And yet, you hardly knew that cabbage is treated for baldness, headaches and melancholy.
Cabbage is a vegetable well known to us. And yet, you hardly knew that cabbage is treated for baldness, headaches and melancholy. She will also help with the removal of toxins from the body and painting Easter eggs. And it’s not worth talking about the most delicious cabbage dishes, you need to cook and eat them!
Here are some interesting facts about cabbage.
1. The biggest cabbage eaters live in Russia. On average, a person here consumes about 20 kg of cabbage per year. And the largest suppliers of cabbage in the world are China and India.
2. Cabbage instead of vitamin pills. Cabbage requires a lot of water and nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium to grow successfully. That is why the vegetable itself is a rich source of vitamins C, K, B6 and B9, and minerals such as manganese and potassium.
3. Against baldness. In ancient China, cabbage leaves were used as an elixir for male pattern baldness. Well, cabbage leaves on the head instead of a hat are original. Dare!
4. Down with toxins! The most common cabbage contains a high concentration of vitamin C, so it is able to remove toxins from the body, and also prevents arthritis and rheumatism.
white cabbage - 3 kg; carrots - 1 pc.; salt - 100 g; sugar - 75 g; bay leaf - 2 pcs.; black pepper - to taste.
Boil a liter of water, add salt and spices, cool.
Grate the carrots on a fine grater, finely chop the cabbage. Mix carrots and cabbage. Pour the cooled brine into a three-liter jar and tamp the cabbage inside. Add pepper and bay leaves, leave to brew in a warm place for 3 days.
5. The cheapest way to become beautiful! The high sulfur content in cabbage promotes the production of keratin when eaten regularly. And this, in turn, helps to keep hair, skin and nails in excellent condition. I remember that once in the yard the older girls joked that the cabbage also made the chest grow (the best result is achieved if you rub the chest area with a woolen hat)!
6. Minus 5 years! Cabbage juice can be used instead of tonic, anti-aging effect is guaranteed!
fresh yeast - 25 g; sugar - 1 tsp; salt - a couple of pinches; warm water - 250 ml: egg; vinegar 9 percent - 1 tsp; flour - 5 glasses; carrot; bulb; medium head of cabbage; vegetable oil.
First, let's prepare the filling for the pies. Peel and wash vegetables. Grate the carrots, cut the onion into thin half rings, chop the cabbage.
In a large frying pan over medium heat in vegetable oil (3 tablespoons), fry onions and carrots until soft, add chopped cabbage, a pinch of salt and sugar, if you want - a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, and simmer over low heat until tender. All this will take 20 minutes.
Let's take a test. In a large bowl, put the yeast, a spoonful of sugar, a pinch of salt, beat in the egg. Pour in a glass of warm water, vinegar, mix everything until dissolved. Gradually add the sifted flour in batches. The dough should be soft. Knead the dough with oiled hands. Leave the finished dough for 20 minutes. During this time, the stewed cabbage will also cool down a little.
On a greased table, lightly roll out a ball of dough, put a spoonful of filling in the center and secure the edges tightly. Do this with all the dough and filling, and then leave for 10 minutes.
It remains only to bake or fry the pies in deep fat or a high frying pan in oil. We bake at a temperature of 180 degrees until golden brown, but it is necessary to fry over low heat, periodically turning over.
7. Medicine. Raw cabbage juice helps with stomach and duodenal ulcers, removes bad cholesterol and saves from migraines.
8. Dyes eggs blue. Red cabbage is an excellent natural dye. A decoction of red cabbage leaves can be used to dye Easter eggs blue.
9. What kind of cabbage is eaten in the world. The most popular varieties of cabbage are savoy, green, red and white cabbage, which vary in color, shape and size of the leaves. In general, there are over 400 varieties of cabbage.
10. In which garden bed do you have Dithmarscher Fruer hiding here? "Dietmarscher Frewer" - an excellent variety of cabbage for sauerkraut. Like "Polar", "Lesya", "Golden Hectare". But the variety "Acephala" outwardly cannot be distinguished from a rose!
11. Let's chat! Kapustniki, which are now called amateur theatrical performances, are actually cheerful autumn festivities that began in Russia after harvesting cabbage for the winter, after the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
Ingredients (for 4 liters of water):
beef on the bone - 1 kg (more possible); sauerkraut - 600 g; carrot; the bulb is large; potatoes - 6-7 pcs.; tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.; salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, ground black pepper, parsley root - to taste; vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l.
Put the beef and spices in a large saucepan, pour 4 liters of water and boil the broth. Salt the broth at the end! But before boiling with a slotted spoon, remove the scale. Cook the broth for 2 hours on a slow boil.
After 2 hours, chop the peeled onions and carrots, cut the onion into thin half rings, grate the carrots. Sauté the vegetables in a skillet over medium heat until soft. At the end of cooking, add the tomato paste and stir. Turn off the stove.
Add peeled potatoes and sauerkraut cut into large pieces to the prepared meat in a saucepan, cook for half an hour. Then add the roast, boil for a couple of minutes and turn off. Shchi is served with sour cream and black bread. Enjoy!
What do you know about cabbage? Tell us in the comments!
For new recipes, visit our channel in Yandex.Zen.