On the basis of sour cream, you can cook a lot of delicious desserts. Cakes, pastries, fruit desserts with whipped sour cream, sour cream whipped with sugar with prunes and nuts are a favorite treat for many.
On the basis of sour cream, you can cook a lot of delicious desserts. Cakes, pastries, fruit desserts with whipped sour cream, sour cream whipped with sugar with prunes and nuts are a favorite treat for many. But very often housewives complain that sour cream with sugar does not want to whip into a thick mass, but remains liquid, no matter how hard they try.
It turns out that it's not so simple. In order for the mass to become thick after whipping sour cream with sugar, some nuances should be taken into account:
- for whipping, choose high-fat sour cream. The mass fraction of fat must be at least 25%. If the fat content of sour cream is lower, then thickeners for sour cream should be used or sour cream should be weighed overnight to remove excess moisture;
- for whipping, use natural bazaar sour cream or live store sour cream with a short shelf life of proven manufacturers;
- beat sour cream well chilled, in a well chilled bowl;
- Beat sour cream with a whisk, not a mixer. Whipping sour cream with a mixer, you can skip the moment and overwhip it. Sour cream then, after thickening, can again become liquid. If you still use the mixer, then do it at the lowest speed;
- sour cream will beat better if you add a little lemon juice to it;
- it is better to beat sour cream with powdered sugar or finely crystalline sugar.
Recipes with sugar
Recipes with sour cream
For work, we need sour cream - 500 ml, sugar - 6 tbsp. l., lemon juice - 1 tsp, whisk, 2 bowls of different diameters, ice water.
Before whipping, send the dishes, whisk and sour cream to the freezer for 5 minutes.
Pour ice water into a large bowl. Place a smaller bowl on top of the water. Pour sour cream into a smaller bowl, add lemon juice.
Pour in all the sugar. Sugar, use fine-grained or powdered sugar.
Start whipping. Immediately after adding sugar, sour cream will become liquid.
Keep whisking. After about 7-10 minutes of whipping, the sour cream will thicken and be ready to go.