In this article we are going to talk about the most common symptoms of gluten intolerance and how to make sure we suffer exactly from this allergy.
Gluten is the protein most commonly found in cereals such as wheat, barley and rye. It is also found in processed foods in the form of residues.
You should know that only 1% of the world's population has gluten intolerance. Gluten is not harmful unless you have an allergy to it. It is even beneficial to the human body.
This food allergy is characterized by hypersensitivity to the body. Depending on how the body reacts to the gluten from the food, we can talk about food allergy, food sensitivity, or nutritional intolerance.
Most often we develop intolerance to gluten at an early age. As a counter-reaction, the immune system often produces antibodies that cause inflammatory processes in the body.
Gluten intolerance occurs within a few hours to a few days after a meal containing the gluten protein.
(1) diarrhea that is not affected by standard medications
(2) swollen belly
(5) difficulty in gaining weight
(6) mood swings, depression
(7) herpes and aphtha because of the weak immune system
(8) a sense of permanent fatigue and poor overall health
(9) hormonal imbalance, low testosterone
(12) muscular and dental problems
(1) by a blood test for gluten intolerance, which reveals the presence of characteristic antibodies that incorrectly interact with gluten
(2) small intestines biopsy