Learn how to cook "22 interesting and fun facts about bananas". Delicious recipe.
Our favorite fruit can hide more secrets than we think. Although we can easily find bananas in the markets and eat them every day, there are many interesting facts about them that you may not have heard. Here we will present most of them, and you share if you know others.
1. Evangelist Ray Comfort recorded a video in which he disputed that the banana has many useful characteristics that are proof that it was created by a higher mind. Comfort makes the record after learning that the banana was created by artificial selection and the wild banana is small and inedible.
2. Bananas are believed to bring bad luck to fishing vessels. If any are found on board, the fishermen return to port to clean the vessel of offensive fruit.
3. Bananas are curved because they grow up to the sun.
4. The coefficient of friction of banana peel is 0.083, while on ice it is 0.05, which makes bananas almost as slippery as ice.
5. Separating the banana from the connection slows down the ripening process.
6. The so-called Banana equivalent is the basic unit of measurement for the absorbed radiation, which corresponds to a certain number of North.
7. China bans the tempting eating of bananas on the Internet to deal with inappropriate and erotic online content.
8. Banana ketchup is made in the Philippines. There was a shortage of tomatoes during World War II, so bananas had to be used as a substitute for ketchup. Banana puree, vinegar, sugar and spices are used for this purpose.
9. Bananas are closer to fruits, such as raspberries and blackberries, and the banana tree is not really a tree, but the world's largest herb.
10. There are more trade regulations for bananas than for the Kalashnikov AK-47.
11. In Iceland, just 285 km from the Arctic Circle, there is a banana plantation.
12. In 1967, a magazine published a fake story about the extraction of hallucinogenic chemicals from bananas to raise moral questions about the drug ban. Many people then try to get drunk using banana peels.
13. In English a single banana is called a "finger" and a bunch of bananas is called a "hand".
14. The phrase "to slip on a banana peel" dates back to the late 1800s, when discarded banana peels posed a serious danger.
15. 50% of human DNA matches that of bananas.
16. Some time ago, a variety of sweeter creamy bananas was common in the markets, but the disease destroyed the plantations.
17. Wild bananas are full of seeds, and the ones we eat now have been cultivated for many years to become what we know them to be today.
18. In 1986, a chain of electronics stores decided to sell a stereo system for "299 bananas", then customers began to accept bananas as a method of payment.
19. As bananas ripen, the chlorophyll in them breaks down and causes them to emit bright fluorescent light when placed under ultraviolet light.
20. Bananas are perennials, they are grown every season.
21. There are red bananas that taste similar to raspberries.
22. Germany's need for bananas was so great that it led to a ten-year battle.
This is not entire article. It continues ...