In this article, learn more about Nutrition In Osteomyelitis. Nutrition in osteomyelitis.
Osteomyelitis is an inflammatory process that takes place in the bone marrow and affects all bones.
Proper nutrition is necessary for the rapid recovery and strengthening of bones, as well as for the growth of healthy bone tissue.
To achieve the desired effect, the menu should be rich in antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and proteins, but the amount of saturated fat should be minimal.
In the presence of such a health problem the body should provide:
- folic acid - found in beets, bananas, lentils, cabbage;
- B vitamins - a large amount is found in beef, offal, mackerel, sardines, herring, chicken eggs, chicken, shrimp, oysters, seeds, nuts, brewer's yeast, citrus fruits, potatoes (especially roasted), peas, soybeans;
- zinc - for its acquisition consume seafood, parsnips, celery, pumpkin and its seeds, legumes;
- magnesium - eat dairy products, whole grains, leafy vegetables and nuts;
- calcium - in sesame seeds and butter, almonds, dried apricots, turnips, spinach, hard cheeses and cottage cheese.
Dangerous and harmful foods in osteomyelitis:
- red meat;
- alcoholic beverages;
- sweet carbonated drinks;
- semi-finished and fast food;
- products containing caffeine, sugar, colors and additives.
All these foods and drinks slow down the growth of bone tissue and wound healing.
- How to feed the bone marrow
This is not entire article. It continues ...